<<< Back to Boughton History
The Old Leadworks
The industrial revolution and the tower that helped to defeat Napoleon. The old leadworks is a derelict site of the old Walkers, Parker and Co Ltd leadworks factory. Today just a few buildings and the Shot Tower remain in tact.
October 2012 - Approval has been granted for Neptune Developments to create 52 apartments, 8 retail units, cafe courtyard and heritage centre.
In 1800 the lead works was built for Walkers, Parker and Co Ltd. It provided shot during the Napolionic wars.
The Shropshire Union canal was built through Boughton in the 1770's.
The Leadworks Sculpture
This canalside sculpture is located in Leadworks Lane Park near the Mill Hotel. It represents the molton globules of lead hitting the water bath at the bottom of the shot tower.
This page was last updated