St Michael's Church Bridge Street Row East
Stairs at Entrance. No wheelchair access.
St Michael's Church is one of the nine medieval parish churches of Chester,
It stands on the site of the southern gateway of the Roman Fortress.
In 1849-61 it was virtually rebuilt by the Chester architect James Harrison,
although early features survive inside. St Michael's opened as Britain's first heritage centre in 1975.
On the east side of Bridge street the row ends with the old parish church of St Michael's. This is now Chester Heritage Centre.
It is open to the public and contains local research resources and family history information.