The Boot Inn based in the centre of Chester on Eastgate Street on the rows is a traditional pub. The building itself dates back to the 17th century, the facade was restored in the 19th century. It has been known as the Boot Inn since 1750.
Behind the front bar is a musket ball in a glass frame with a plaque :
'This stone ball was found embedded in one of the oak beams within the Boot Inn.
During restoration in 1986. It is a home made piece of ammunition which may have been used in a smooth bore musket. It could belong to the Civil War period. But it might also be much later having been used by poachers'.
Glass panel from the front bar area.
View from the front bar looking out towards Eastgate Street